Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Ranch Rush

Have you encountered the game by the name of Ranch Rush?

It is a computer game that actually mimic ranch activities like planting crops, harvesting, cow milking, honeybee farming, wooling the sheep, up to producing products like cheese, tomato ketchup, jams and bread. It has a goal of providing the product orders set as you start each game. So it basically lets you strategize and multi task to be able to accomplish all the orders within a given time to finish a stage and go up to the next level. The next level will have more product orders and will require you to speed up your multi tasking more.

The 8 different icons on top are the orders need to be fulfilled while the clock in the left side of the score is the time given to fulfill them.

I super like this game because it is relaxing for me. I just concentrate on the orders and be the best multitasker I can be and I can finish all the stages. So, imagine when I play this, I almost don't think of anything else including time and things to do of reality.

Yesterday and last Friday ( January 23-24), I attended the CCF leadership training called Overflow where God allowed me to learn this statement thru Rev. Edmund Chan: "I need to create a space in my life where God can guide me" and it normally does not happen when I'm too busy doing my things. Whether these things are just required of me or make me happy I should deliberately and consciously create a space for Him to guide me by taking time to learn from Him and know His will for me.
I, then, thought similar to that Ranch Rush game, I am prone to planning things and working on them everyday that I get so busy with life. I tend to miss the opportunities of asking Him in everyway possible to guide me. I admit, I have so many things in mind I need to work on: family, work, friends, ambitions and dreams etc. and so aware of the short time on earth. But being busy even in these seemingly good things can hinder me to be guided by God and probably work things out on my own.

As I digest this, I am reminded of the verse Matthew 6:21 that says: For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

I tend to be focused on things that seem to be important however, it allows me to burn out later as I thought these were just small things I can already act upon without so much of Him. Thus, if I treasure my God and everything He has done for me, I should surrender my life's every room without reservation. And, unlike Ranch Rush, I will be more excited to do things His way than accomplish things on my own

Aha! that was an amazing learning. If in one of the coming days I'll forget this learning, just the thought of Ranch Rush will remind me.

Thank you, Lord :)

No comments: